HP hat eine neue dv6z Artist Edition auf den Markt gebracht. Mit einem Design, das bei dem letztjährigen HP MTV Notebook Design Contest abräumte. Inspiriert soll es sein vom japanischen Meeres- und Himmelsgefühl rund um Okinawa. Psychedelisch wirkt es allemal.
Zumindest will die dv6z Artist Edition innen wie außen mit Kreativität punkten. Das Laptop ist mit Corel-Art-Software gefüttert. Darunter Video Studio X2, Painter Sketchpad und Paint Shop Pro Photo X2. Mit dabei auch Magix Music Maker 14.
Die dv6z Artist Edition 2 soll ab 10. Juni in den USA zu haben sein ab $949.
Wer seinen Laptop lieber ohne Wellenrausch zuklappt, kann auf das billigere Basismodell zurückgreifen. Das soll ab $649 über die Ladentische gehen.
HP Pressemitteilung nach dem Seitenwechsel
June 09, 2009 12:01 AM Eastern Daylight Time
HP Gives Students a Head Start with Sleek, Affordable PCs and Printers
PALO ALTO, Calif.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Just in time for summer, HP (NYSE:HPQ) is offering stylish and affordable notebook PCs and printers to help students and parents get ready for the coming school year.
From the ultra-light, backpack-ready HP Pavilion dv2z and the powerful HP Pavilion dv6t notebook PCs to the wireless-ready HP Photosmart Plus All-in-One printer, students will enjoy the performance and design of HP notebook PCs and printers. At the same time, parents will have the peace of mind that they have invested in the right technology for their high schoolers and college-bound teenagers without sacrificing capability or value.
This year, HP is offering the latest in wireless technology along with simplified setup and use through touch-enabled printing technology and built-in photo features for picture-perfect prints. HP notebook PCs and printers come in stylish designs that fit with any home or dorm room. They also are designed to work seamlessly together, ensuring maximum productivity for busy college students.
In addition, the HP Academy program – at www.hpdirect.com/academy – offers students great deals on the latest HP notebook PCs, printers and all the accessories and software that students will want to customize their technology experience to the needs of both their college major and their personality. Plus, with HP’s industry-leading service and support, students and families will have support every step of the way.
Sleek PCs help students stay connected in style
HP notebook PCs deliver world-class style, performance and value. The HP Pavilion dv2z, HP Pavilion dv6t, HP Pavilion dv6z Artist Edition 2 and HP Pavilion dv3t notebook PCs are designed to match college students’ busy lifestyles, helping them take notes in the classroom, write papers in their rooms and enjoy entertainment while on the go – all without breaking the bank.
* The HP Pavilion dv2z (starting at $599(1)) is an affordable, thin and light notebook that is perfect for the student on the go. Less than 1-inch thin and starting at 3.81 pounds, the dv2z won’t weigh down students’ backpacks. It has a 12.1-inch diagonal mercury-free LED widescreen display and features HP MediaSmart software, which provides one-touch access to entertainment.(2) The dv2z offers a full notebook PC experience with powerful discrete graphics, high-capacity hard drive up to 500 gigabytes (GB),(3) optional Blu-ray(4) disc support and a wide range of ports, with pricing that delivers unprecedented value to consumers for its class. Starting on June 10, students have the option to configure a dv2z to match their exact needs on www.hpdirect.com with options such as a dual-core(5) AMD processor and discrete graphics for extra computing power.
* The HP Pavilion dv6t (starting at $649(1)) offers the latest digital entertainment features and mobile technologies in a stunning design that balances performance and mobility. With HP MediaSmart software, the dv6t puts entertainment a click away – watching movies, viewing photos, listening to music and creating videos has never been easier. Its 16-inch diagonal LED widescreen display is ideal for writing term papers and also delivers a 16:9 aspect ratio for full-screen viewing of high-definition TV and other HD content, including the latest viral videos. A separate numeric keypad allows faster data entry during class.
* The HP Pavilion dv6z Artist Edition 2 (starting at $949(1)) includes all of the features of the HP Pavilion dv6z plus the winning design from the 2008 HP MTV Notebook Design Contest – a design inspired by the sea and sky in Okinawa, Japan. Students also can unleash their inner artist with a robust entertainment software package and software applications from Corel, including Video Studio X2, Corel® Painter Sketchpad and Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo X2. With Magix Music Maker 14, students can create unique songs. The Artist Edition notebook PC is expected to be available starting June 10 at www.hpdirect.com.
* The HP Pavilion dv3t (starting at $649(1)) is a thin and light, full-powered notebook PC that brings the latest in entertainment and performance in a stylish, highly mobile design. At about 1.25-inches thick and just under 5 pounds,(6) the dv3t features an integrated optical drive and optional discrete graphics for entertainment on the go. Extended battery life and a full range of connectivity options make it ideal for students who want a notebook PC that suits their needs both in and outside the classroom.
Affordable printing solutions help students “go green” at every stage
HP makes it easy for people to make smarter choices with the introduction of a host of all-in-one printing solutions designed to collectively meet a wide range of student and family needs. With built-in touch capabilities, photo features and easy wireless setup with the touch of one button,(7) HP’s reliable printers allow students to print reports quickly and efficiently and publish creative projects with vibrant photo quality.
* The HP Photosmart Plus All-in-One ($149(1)) wirelessly prints photos, web content and everyday documents – from class schedules to homework assignments – making it an ideal printing solution for students of all ages as well as families. With a full-featured TouchSmart screen, users can easily display, edit and print photos, with or without a PC, all with a touch of the finger. Built-in Wi-Fi support(8) enables wireless printing from PCs as well as iPhones and iPod Touches.(9) Students can rely on fast, error-free photo printing thanks to features such as an auto-engaging photo tray and the Photo Print Gadget(10) for easy drag-and-drop printing. Expected to be available Aug. 1, this ENERGY STAR® qualified printer also uses 30 percent less energy than its previous model.
* Great for on-the-go students who want the flexibility to print from virtually anywhere,(8) the HP Photosmart C4780 All-in-One ($129(1)) is a versatile wireless printer that offers an ideal balance of features at an affordable price. Using the color display with HP TouchSmart frame, this printer delivers lab-quality photos, everyday prints, copies and photo reprints – all without a PC and using ink cartridges made from at least 50 percent recycled plastic. Expected to be available in mid-July, the Photosmart C4780 is compact in size, and convenient memory card slots and laser-quality text output make wireless printing easy for everyone.
Students on a budget will enjoy the most affordable HP Deskjet and Officejet printers: the HP Deskjet D1600 Printer Series ($39(1)) and HP Officejet 6000 Printer ($89/$119 wireless(1)).
* Expected to be available in August, the HP Deskjet D1600 is an easy-to-use, reliable printer made from 25 percent recycled plastic that delivers laser-quality prints at a low price, meeting all the fundamental printing needs without breaking the bank.
* Students can keep their printing costs low yet not give up professional print quality with the HP Officejet 6000, a high-performing device that delivers up to 40 percent lower cost per color page and energy use over competitive laser printers.(11) Now available, the Officejet 6000 can help students boost productivity with fast print speeds, embedded wired and wireless networking options and automatic two-sided printing,(12) saving resources and money.
All of these printers are part of the HP Eco Solutions program and carry the HP Eco Highlights label, which makes it easy for students and parents to identify features that help reduce their environmental impact, including ENERGY STAR qualification, paper-saving options and use of recycled content.
HP service and support
HP products are backed by HP Total Care, the company’s award-winning service, solutions and support, both in and out of warranty. HP support professionals are available 24/7 by phone, email and real-time chat. HP’s online support options include consumer support forums, online classes offered at no charge, a dedicated support video channel, the PC Tune-up Center and the newly designed HP Customer Care site, recently named one of the “Ten Best Web Support Sites of 2009” by the Association of Support Professionals (ASP).
HP PCs come with built-in support through HP Total Care Advisor, which allows consumers to navigate through PC care, check up on health and security, get product information, view connections and get updates from a single access point. Customers also can access printer diagnostics and software driver updates with HP Printer Check.
HP also provides students peace of mind and protection from physical damage to their notebook PCs through its one-, two-, three- or four-year Accidental Damage Protection extended service plans. These plans offer protection from common damages caused by drops, spills and electrical surges. When HP repairs or replaces a PC or printer, those parts and products are either re-used or recycled. More information is available at www.hp.com/go/totalcare.
HP and the environment
For decades HP has been an environmental leader, driving company stewardship through its HP Eco Solutions program, which spans product design, reuse and recycling as well as energy and resource efficiency. HP influences industry action by setting high environmental standards in its operations and supply chain, by providing practical solutions to make it easier for customers to reduce their climate impact and through its research on sustainability solutions that support a low-carbon economy. More information is available at www.hp.com/ecosolutions.
HP, the world’s largest technology company, simplifies the technology experience for consumers and businesses with a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure. More information about HP is available at http://www.hp.com.
Note to editors: More news from HP, including links to RSS feeds, is available at www.hp.com/hpinfo/newsroom/.
(1) Estimated U.S. street prices. Actual prices may vary.
(2) Internet access is required and sold separately.
(3) For hard drives, GB = 1 billion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less. Up to 8 GB of hard drive is reserved for the system recovery software.
(4) As Blu-Ray is a new format containing new technologies, certain disc, digital connection, compatibility and/or performance issues may arise, and do not constitute defects in the product. Flawless playback on all systems is not guaranteed. In order for some Blu-ray titles to play, they may require a DVI or HDMI digital connection and the display may require HDCP support. This Blu-ray drive does not support writing to ultra-high speed CDRW media (16X to 32X advertised performance). HD-DVD movies cannot be played on this notebook PC.
(5) This system requires a separately purchased 64-bit operating system and 64-bit software products to take advantage of the 64-bit processing capabilities of AMD technology. Dual/triple/quad-core processing available with AMD technology is designed to improve performance of this system. Given the wide range of software applications available, performance of a system including a 64-bit operating system and a dual-core processor will vary.
(6) Actual weight will vary by configuration.
(7) Requires a WPS router with an integrated push-button. Wireless performance depends on physical environment and distance from access point.
(8) Wireless performance is dependent upon physical environment and distance from access point.
(9) Free download available from Apple’s App Store, details at www.hp.com/go/iPrintphoto.
(10) Requires Windows Vista™.
(11) Compared with the majority of color laser printers priced less than $300, June 2008; details are available at www.hp.com/go/officejet. Officejet ISO yield with highest-capacity cartridges based on continuous printing; additional information is available at www.hp.com/go/learnaboutsupplies. Energy use based on HP testing using the ENERGY STAR program’s TEC test method criteria.
(12) Wireless networking and automatic two-sided printing not available on base model. Wireless performance is dependent upon physical environment and distance from access point.
AMD is a trademark of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Corel is a trademark or registered trademark of Corel Corporation or Corel Corporation Limited. ENERGY STAR is a U.S. registered mark of the United States Environmental Protection Agency. Windows Vista is either a registered trademark or trademark of Microsoft Corp. in the United States and/or other countries.
This news release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of management for future operations; any statements concerning expected development, performance or market share relating to products and services; any statements regarding anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its customers, suppliers and partners; the achievement of expected operational and financial results; and other risks that are described in HP’s Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the fiscal quarter ended April 30, 2009 and HP’s other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including but not limited to HP’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2008. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
© 2009 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=5982694〈=en
Cherie Britt, +1 209-551-1027
Sheila Watson, +1 281-514-6552
HP Media Hotline, +1 866-266-7272